Friday, June 05, 2015

cards adorned with paper doilies | a doodlebug design project…

Hello Friends!  I wanted to share a project I created for the Doodlebug blog recently with Doodlebug Doilies!  I love using the colorful doilies (in BOTH sizes) on layouts, gift packages, and especially cards.  I created this card set using one of my all-time favorite collections, "Day to Day."
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset2
 
After creating two card bases from white cardstock, I layered on several different patterned papers from this collection.  Then I chose two coordinating doilies to add on top of the papers.  One of my FAVORITE things about Doodlebug products is how they all coordinate.  From the very first collections they created, to the latest papers rolling off the press, the colors are consistent...which means the embellishments can be mixed an matched and used with all of the collections!
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset3
 
For this card set, I chose to use swimming pool paper doilies and bon bon mini doilies.
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset4
 
After layering the doilies, I added some stickers, pixies, and sprinkles.
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset5
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset6
 
To finish things off, I tied bon bon doodle twine around the pixie sticks.
 
wendysueanderson_doodlebug_doilies_cardset7
 
Now it's your turn - choose some of the new doilies and pull out one of your favorite doodlebug collections - old OR new - and get to work! 
 

1 comment:

  1. These cards were super amazing and just so cleverly done - love the way you used the pixies and the doilies and convinced me that the Day to Day Collection was one I had to have - you are awesome and I hope you are doing well and that life is treating you good!!! Happy day to you!!

    ReplyDelete