Wednesday, March 28, 2018

carrot banner and bunny gift bag | doodlebug design


Hi there!  I am so excited to share a banner I created with some of the "Easter Express" silhouette cut files from Doodlebug Design! I started with the carrot file and created this fun banner:


It was really fun and easy - I just sized the two carrot shapes so I could fit four across a 12x12 paper.  Speaking of paper, I used petite prints for both the carrots and leaves - I love the subtle pattern on these!


After I cut the shapes, I layered them together.


And added machine stitching (with green thread) to each one.  


Each one is stitched differently, just for interest.


After adding the stitching, I punched two holes in the top of each carrot.


And then I strung doodle twine through each one to create the garland.


Finally, I added white "chippers!" to each carrot to spell out "Hoppy Easter."  Oh, except for one carrot - there you'll find the cute bunny doodle-pop to separate the words!


And now it's hanging above my fireplace, wishing everyone who enters our home a "Hoppy Easter!"

Now, suppose instead of hanging this cute banner, I wanted to give it away as a gift.  Here's how I'd do it:


Yep, I'd use that cute Mr. Bunny cut file to embellish a gift bag!


I wanted to personalize the bag, so I cut out another carrot, with the name spelled out on the top layer!


Don't forget to decorate the back!




Products I used:



No comments:

Post a Comment